Institutions allow for administrators to easily create and manage multiple organizations, while providing researchers with a unified interface to discover data across your institution. For example, a university might exist as a single institution on Redivis, with organizations created for different research groups and centers within the university.
This page provides a central home for all organizations within your institution, allowing researchers to easily discover different organizations and their data across your institution. This page is hosted at "redivis.com/<your-institution-username>", though Redivis also supports custom domains (e.g., "data.your-institution.edu").
The institution page can be customized by administrators to reflect branding and provide context to researchers working with data at your institution. The page will also display a list of organizations within the institution. Organizations will appear in this list if a) they are publicly listed and have at least one dataset that is visible to the current user; or b) the current user is a member of that organization.
As an institutional administrator, you will be able to navigate to the institution's administrative panel from its home page. From here, you can create and manage organizations, provision additional administrators, and customize the look and feel of your institution.
On the "Organizations" section of the institution admin panel, you will see a list of all organizations within the institution.
To manage the administrators of an existing organization, right click on that organization and select "manage administrators".
In order to create a new organization, click the "+ New" button at top right of the "Organization" section of the admin panel. After providing the organization name and a few other details, the organization will be created. The organization will be configured with you as its sole administrator, though you will then be able to invite other administrators to the organization.
From the institution admin panel, navigate to the "Settings" section, and then select the "Public profile" tab. Here, you will be able to customize the:
- Institution name: The full name of your institution, which will appear on the institution home page and the top left navigation bar.
- Custom color: A brand color that will be reflected on the institution home page and for all organizations within your institution.
- Header image: An optional image that will replace your institution name in the top left header bar. This is useful for when you want to use a custom logo / font for your institution's name.
- Cover photo: A large cover photo that will be shown on the institution home page.
- Banner: An optional banner photo that will be displayed beneath the cover photo.
- Header links: When users hover over your institution in the top-left header, they will see a dropdown of links to additional resources at your institution. This is helpful for directing users to additional resources related to working with data at your institution.
- About: This content will be displayed on your institution home page, providing visitors with additional context about the data (and organizations) within. This section supports rich text and images. If no content is provided, auto-generated text will be displayed in this section of the institution home page.
Link to your DataCite account so that organizations within your institution can issue DOIs for their datasets. Upon providing these credentials, any organization within your institution will have the ability to opt-in to issue DOIs through these credentials (no DOIs will be issued until an organization administrator explicitly opts in). Subsequently created organizations will be opted in by default, though they can turn off DOI issuance at any time.